Thursday 29 January 2015

If you read it, you can (try) design a cover for it

After my previous post about my greatest passion in life it seemed only right to post my redesign of the cover of "Gone Girl". At the time of designing this piece I think the book was relatively unknown, but at the time of writing it's become HUGELY popular after it was successfully adapted for the big screen (which admittedly I was convinced I would hate with a passion). After much deliberation I went to see it and I was absolutely blown away. However, and there's always a however, there was several things missing from the book but that is sadly something the book lover has to come to terms with. One of these missing elements was the use of blue envelopes by the protagonist, which was the main visual feature of my design. Nevermind, it was in the book and everyone knows the book is always better.

This was a quick piece which took me 2 hours including prep time


No comments:

Post a Comment